Система Orphus
 
 

Counter


Яндекс.Метрика
 

Mogilev Vocational School 58, former School of factory training #6, was founded on the 1st of November, 1940. It specialized in building and the school leavers were occupied in construction organizations of Mogilev as well as those of the whole Belorussian Soviet Socialist Republic. Masons, carpenters and electricians were trained in the school. The average number of students was about 500.

The school was situated in Pervomayskaya Street, 152, a picturesque part of Mogilev. It occupied six one-storey brick buildings, which were constructed in a pine forest on the outskirts of the town. The first graduates left in May 1941. They worked on the main building projects of Mogilev. Partially, the staff was called up for military service in the Red Army due to the fascist Germany perfidious attack on the Soviet Union. The other workers and some of the students of the school were forming a line of defense round Mogilev.

They failed to evacuate the students and the school property. The fascists seized the principal, B.P. Galynskiy. He was brutally tortured in Gestapo.


Since 1944 up to 1951 the school was called School of factory training #20. Then it was renamed in Building School #20. Builders exclusively were trained there.

On the 1st of September, 1964, it was renamed by the order of Mogilev regional administration. Then it was State Vocational School #58.

On the 25th of November, 2004, Mogilev State Vocational School #58 was renamed in Mogilev State Vocational Lyceum #9 by the order of Mogilev regional executive committee.

On the 8th of April, 2010, Mogilev State Vocational Lyceum #9 was named in honor of Alexander Starovoytov.


The school leavers work throughout the Republic of Belarus as well as in the countries of the near abroad. There are many innovators and foremost people in industry among the graduates. Many of them finished military schools and became officers of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus.

Alexander Starovoytov, the graduate of the lyceum, is Honored Builder of the Republic of Belarus and honorary freeman of Mogilev. He was a deputy of Supreme Soviet of BSSR and the USSR. In 1971 he was bestowed a title of Hero of Socialist Labor.


More than 17 thousand skilled workers were trained in the educational establishment during its 70 year history.






Present to your attention video about our lyceum